Friday, August 29, 2008

Quoteable Fridays

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary
-- Aaron Rose


I think the important part of this quote is the "at the right time". When my world provides me with drama and uncertainty, I am finding that it is helpful to just kind of sit back -- not in apathy, but in the faith that in the end, everything works out the way it is supposed to. While I may not like the outcomes at the immediate moment, I am finding solace in knowing that when I look back, with just the right perspective, it all happened/happens for a reason. And in that reason, it becomes the perfect thing to have happened at the time, and for that reason it is extraordinary. Sometimes the sunset or sunrise of a new day provides that "right light."

5 comments:

Jennifer B said...

I totally agree. I think that we can make the right things happen (most of the time) by our choices but the things we can't control will be for good. As long as we are doing everything that we can do. Hopefully that makes sense tomorrow when I read it. =)

LoraLoo said...

That was so profoundly philosophical. I can look back to even very miserable times and realize it was extraordinary, as something about it altered my reality forever, and it really does always work out in the end.

Fred said...

I agree with Lora...very philosophical. I had to read it twice to get the full meaning.

I'm in total agreement. I've made some goofy decisions in my life that I knew wouldn't pay off in the short term (like quitting a job with no replacement in mind) knowing that things would work out.

steph said...

Beautiful and profound! I hope u don't mind me 'checking our ur blog' from Jen. How are you? I hope that all is going well for you and Ken! I hope to make it to Vegas soon! Thnx so much for all you do for my Sis, Casey, kids, and even my mom! Ur so awesome! I also believe that people are brought into your lives for a reason! I know I'm blessed to have met you and Ken!

Love ya!

JoeinVegas said...

A lot of times, that looking back after a new day puts it into a different perspective.