Friday, March 21, 2008

A day, THE day, in the life...

All's well on the Western front -- that is a saying somewhere isn't it? Well, I hope so, because it is the fact today.

I am pretty much over the illness that plagued my last week or so. All my money is back in the bank. Ken has new job opportunities on the horizon. I am coming closer to a decision on what I want to do when I "grow up" -- I even went to the Culinary Institute to a look-see today! Life is good... And then. Duhn Duhn DUHN....

Ken's birthday is tomorrow (or today, depending on when you read this) Now THAT is a reason to celebrate! I posted more on it on our blog. But it will be a great weekend in total!

Birthday hi jinks and basketball watching all day on Saturday followed by a wonderfully festive Easter celebration on Sunday -- 13 people for dinner! If you want to join us too, just let me know! There will be plenty of food, and I think we may even set up the dining table on the back patio, weather permitting.

How about you? What are your big weekend plans, other than stopping by ken's blog to wish him a Happy Birthday(subtlety was never my strong suit)?

Happy Spring celebrating!

3 comments:

LoraLoo said...

Yay!! Sounds like the weekend got off to a fabulous start yesterday. We definitely have some catching up to do...

JoeinVegas said...

Birthday hijinks huh? Those will probably happen before the crowd shows up I assume.

Cupcake Blonde said...

Aww man, I would have loved to been able to see some birthday hijinks! Happy Birthday Ken! And I am so glad you are feeling better Keds, although I do believe I have what you were afflicted with now myself. And getting all your money back, excellent! I must call when I get my voice back so we can make plans to get together. How silly we live so close and never see each other. I blame our incredibly insane schedules. :)