Monday, April 07, 2008

Dreamin'

I had the wackiest dream! No, really, it was REALLY wacky...

Let's start with the basic fact that Ken and I are going to be adopting our children (A process we are starting this week) because I have health risks that make pregnancy very dangerous for me. Not impossible, but life-threatening. So we are going to adopt and that will be a post all on its own. Ken is Catholic and I am Jewish. We both have fair skin, dark hair and medium eyes. These are facts you needed to know to understand the absurdity of my dream.

Dream: I am at a store or someplace like that with a friend of mine who is visably pregnant. We are talking and I, rather nonchalantly, announce, "I'm pregnant, by the way." A brief conversation pursues and over the course of said conversation my stomach expands and I am now visably with child. THen, just as suddenly as I have a baby belly, my frined says, "oh my, I think I am going into labor!"

With that , we are in the delivery room and she is breathing as you breath when birthing and my water breaks. Weird, I know. SO a bunch of stuff goes on wit hthe doctors, and by the end of it all, i am in a room with Ken and we are coming up wit hbaby names. We decide on Michelle Ilene. Then just as we are leaving the hospital with our blond haired, blue eyed baby girl, we decide she does not look like a michlle ilene. We make them change the birth certificate and we now have baby no name.

Next "scene" I am driving in the car with my baby girl, still a very baby baby,sitting in her car seat, which I have set up wrong. (This does not bode well!) Anyway, she is cooing and gurgleing and I say, trying to interact, "What was that? Tell me all about it."

"Goo goo, blah blah, gurggle, gurggle JesusChristisourlordandsaviourhediedonthecrossforoursinsthetimetorepentisnow." Clear as a bell and all in one breath as if it were one word. I freak, grab the baby and ask her to repeat it. She coos a little and then clear as a bell, bold faced staring at me says, "JesusChristisourlordandsaviourhediedonthecrossforoursinsthetimetorepentisnow."

I try to get her back in her seat, but a car is pulling up behind me, so I grab her into my lap, a la Britney, and take off...

How is THAT for a dream!? You have any good ones to share with me?

3 comments:

Ken said...

It still cracks me up. And no, I was not leaning over whispering it in your ear!

Jennifer B said...

This just made me laugh so hard. I love dreams. They make us try and analyse our life. Is there something to be learned? Hmmmm... I am so excited for this process!!

LoraLoo said...

I couldn't help but chuckle at this!! Okay, maybe even a LOL!

But I have to say I like the name Michelle, since it is one of my names. :)

That is one wacky dream! Did I ever tell you the one I had when I was 25 and house sitting for a former nun? Oh yeah... wacky... better saved for you in person.