Thursday, May 01, 2008

VACATION!

(Enjoy the pictures!)

Hi Everyone! We are back and well rundown -- isn't that always how you come back from a vacation? Needing a vacation?

Florida beckoned us, back in December. Actually, it was the Hilton that beckoned. They offered us a deal on a room that we could not refuse, so I bought it and it had to be used! We figured that both of us have family there -- Ken's Dad's side (uncle and 3 out of 4 cousins) and my sister, nieces and nephew (and great nephew!), so it would be a great trip to take. I will post all the family pics and more about the visit in total later. Right now, this is all about the House of the Mouse!

Part of the deal from Hilton was buy one get one passes for one of the parks. Since we figured we can go to Disneyland pretty much any time we want (sorry Kyria), we would go to Epcot. I had never been there, and it is a park more Ken's speed. It is not too many rides, but lots of learning and ambiance.

Friday of our trip was the day for fun! My friend Lynn came down to Orlando from Apopka (about 40 minutes north) and played with us at Epcot all day. It was so fun! I felt like a kid all over again. The thing I always enjoyed about Disney is that it is not just about the rides or the event, it is about the surroundings and the details. I was not disappointed. One lady even told me that they place garbage cans every 20 steps, cause "Walt figured people throw it away at 25 steps."

This trip was no different. They were in the midst of their Spring flower and garden festival, so there were flowers and plants and topiaries everywhere. It was unreal! I took on the role of total tourist and took pictures at every turn. I even helped others in need of help with photos -- you know, when you need someone to take a picture so you can both/all be in the shot. Well, I am all too happy to help with that. Ken got annoyed (as you will see in the pics) but it had to be done. This is Disney after all -- the happiest place on earth!


We had so much fun on this trip. I felt like I was reminded why I love Ken so much -- we got to really play together at Disney and re-experience the feeling of dating (even if Lynn was there).

I was so tired by the end of the day. I thought for sure I was going to dye -- but no such "luck." It was great exercise and thanks to a little sunscreen, neither of us got sunburned.

You will notice my last photo is of Chick-Fil-A... Oh! My! God! If you have never had it , you must go get it! If you have had it, I know you understand my giddiness at the flavors and delight that is a chicken sandwich!

So, how was your last week?

9 comments:

Jennifer B said...

I love the pictures. It looks like so much fun. I have never been so it seems like a fun and enchanting place. =) That is totally you about being so nice and taking pictures of other people.

PS- Paris will be so impressed about the princess photo!!

Ken said...

That trip was so awesome. What was awesomest is that it was with you!

JoeinVegas said...

Glad you had fun - I just enjoyed the wind right here.

Cupcake Blonde said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I will have to take your word that the evidence is in the pictures since my computer is being a butt and won't let me see them. :(

Fred said...

Great slide show! We were at Disney in March and it poured for three solid days. Since we've been there so many times, the ladies took a day and shopped indoors. We didn't have to run around and wait on line. We'll just do it next time.

I hope you got to California Dreamin', we really liked that one.

Gotta love Harry Chapin.

Kyria said...

I'm glad you guys had fun! And don't apologize... I have eight weeks left until I spend a gleeful 4 days in Disneyland. I couldn't be more excited.

By the way, you both look fantastic. The hair, the weightloss... you look amazing. Can't wait to see you guys, hopefully soon! I have a feeling summer is going to fly by!

LoraLoo said...

OMG look at those pictures! I'm so glad you guys had such a great time, hope you are feeling better.

Matt Guerino said...

Thanks for the comment you left on my blog re: Peet's Coffee! I'm glad it's catching on in Vegas too. ;)

Sweet pictures of Epcot!

OK, so I'll bite: where does "new white Keds" come from?

David said...

Nice pics! I think Epcot's the best park, too.

Those Chik-fil-A people are just trying to torture us. Here's a quote from the Wikipedia article on Chil-fil-A:

"Amidst the company's push to the southwest, Las Vegas remains the southernmost metropolitan area without a Chick-fil-A location."

BTW, do you mean Chicken Sangwich? ;-)