Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gobble Gobble

I have been a slacker, I know. No posts in way way too long. I will post an update soon, I promise; cause trust me, I have plenty to talk about! In the meantime, it is Thanksgiving and I needed to do my annual why am I thankful post...

First and foremost I am thankful for my family -- KEN , that has you at the top of the list. I never in my whole life thought I really would end up married to my best friend. But here I am and here you are. You have given me a new sence of the word family and what it means. ALl the rest of the relations are included here too -- Dad, In-Laws, nieces and nephews (the older 19 already! and newer 6 weeks), aunts, uncles and cousins -- you get it, the whole kit and caboodle.

I am thankful that my mom was my mom. She is gone now and it makes me sad on a regular basis, but I am thankful that i had her for as long as I did and that she imparted to me the importance of this holiday and spending it with loved ones.

I am also thankful for all of the people in my life that make up my extended family -- my/our friends, their kids and all their families that fill in the gaps. Friends as family rules!

While I am desperately seeking a job, I am thankful to be in this position. It means that I got to take the time off of work that I needed to put my life back together after a very very rough patch. And I am thankful for the rough patch, cause it taught me to appreciate the smooth times.

I am thankful for the fact that even though the economy is killing us all and things seem like a long dark tunnel, that I have a roof over my head and food to put on my table, and people in our lives to have sit at that table with us. Oh! And eBay, VERY thankful for eBay, as I am finally selling all of my mom's collectibles.

I am thankful for my health -- yes I saiad my health. As not perfect as it is, is as bad as it could be. I am thankful for what I have -- including all ten of my digits in tact, even though I seem to be hellbent on changing that.

I am thankful for Facebook! I have found so many people from past parts of my life that i am so happy to get to know all over again. What a hoot this has been!

And finally, I am thankful for you, dear readers. You keep coming back no matter how long I disapear and you give me a sounding board for random and various other rants. Thanks.

I hope you and yours all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and the start of a beautiful holiday season!

4 comments:

Fred said...

Yay...a post! Glad to hear from you and best of luck finding a job.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Keds. I hope you and Ken have a great holiday.

Cupcake Blonde said...

I love this time of year because we can really reflect on everything we have and all we have to be thankful for. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. And I for one am thankful for YOU! We just have to spend more time together. :)

Jennifer B said...

How wonderful to have an occasion to remind us of all the things we have to be thankful for. We are so glad that we have you in our lives. You really are a wonderful person!!

LoraLoo said...

Wow all these posts in one week, Yay! I am so thankful for you too, my friend!